Family Check-Up and Everyday Parenting Training
We offer training in the Family Check-Up and Everyday Parenting program. Trainees receive access to all materials required to deliver the model and other implementation support resources.
The Family Check-Up® (FCU) training provides an introduction to the theory underlying the development of the model and thorough instruction on how to implement the model. After participating in the Family Check-Up training, providers will be able to:
- Describe and implement the Family Check-Up
- Conduct a strengths-based family assessment
- Apply assessment results to form a case conceptualization
- Identify motivational strategies used in the Family Check-Up
The Everyday Parenting© training introduces therapists to an evidence-based parent training program that helps parents effectively use proven behavioral strategies to support positive changes in their children’s behavior. After participating in the Everyday Parenting training, providers will be able to:
- Tailor the Everyday Parenting to address a family’s specific needs and an agency’s service delivery needs
- Implement strategies for managing barriers to change, including parents’ resistance to change
- Support parents’ use of positive behavior support, limit setting and monitoring, and relationship building in the family
Post-training Consultation and Implementation Support
After completing the Family Check-Up or Everyday Parenting training, the next level of training is to become a “Certified Provider”. Certification involves meeting with a Family Check-Up consultant who offers individualized consultation to support delivery of the intervention model with fidelity. Certification promotes skill development and supports delivery of the model with adherence and quality to optimize benefits families receive from participating in the Family Check-Up and Everyday Parenting. Implementing with fidelity can build families’ trust in the intervention process and increase the family’s sense of self-efficacy as well as their motivation to try new strategies and skills.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about training in the Family Check-Up and Everyday Parenting programs.
®Family Check-Up® is a federally registered trademark
©Everyday Parenting: A Professional’s Guide to Building Family Management Skills, by Thomas J. Dishion, Elizabeth A. Stormshak, and Kate Kavanagh (© Research Press, 2012)